Stat Counter

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yophuria

When we were in Whole Foods, I saw a bottle of Yophuria while walking between the frozen section to dairy to pick up my lovely delicious Fage yogurt. We eat a lot of yogurt in this house, and we love wine. So wine plus yogurt... sounded intriguing. I'd never heard of anything like that before.

The company website provides the following snippet -
------

A new product from Germany just made our wishes come true: YOPHORIA!

Take the known proven benefits of moderate wine consumption. Now add the vitamins, minerals and immune system boost of delicious yogurt. Combine with a luscious fruit taste and a fizzy sensation, and top it off with absolutely no fat or cholesterol! You have a heavenly refreshing adult beverage that you can enjoy at the beach, at a party or with someone special.

While others are raving about the latest drink fad that are sure to pack on the pounds and provide zero benefits other than love handles and a hangover, you can savour the flavor of Yophoria's Natural Fruit Wine and Yogurt in our glamourous Champagne-style bottle, guilt free!

Mouth-watering flavors such as Peach and Strawberry are currently available, while you will soon be able to enjoy the taste of Apple or Blueberry!

Yophoria is the Smart Choice in adult beverages. Try one today!
------------
My review isn't as glowing. Let's just say that it was far from making my dreams come true, but then again I've never dreamed of alcoholic yogurt. Perhaps I need to expand my horizons. I thought it tasted odd, not bad really - but the effervescent peach-yogurt-wine taste was just too much for me, I guess. One little bottle just filled two saucer style champagne glasses. Honestly, I took one sip and gave the rest to Patrick. When he asked for his review, he gave a thumbs up and said he liked it "mucho."

It was a great concept, but I think it was a bit lacking in execution. He loved it.

I think this is something we're going to have to agree to disagree on.

2 comments:

p2wy said...

Your review was *much* longer than the expected "it sucked".

Diana Pappas said...

hahaha, what a strange and unusual beverage invention! what will they think of next?