Stat Counter

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Garlic and brie ravioli


Garlic and brie ravioli, originally uploaded by *April*.

It's no secret that I love the abundance of fresh vegetables available in the summer. Today's "linner" (lunch served so late it might as well be dinner) was a delightful blend of fresh vegetables and tender cheese stuffed pasta.

Ingredients

1 package of garlic and brie stuffed ravioli. (You can use any fresh cheese stuffed ravioli. We bought a package of garlic and brie stuffed ravioli from Costco today that seemed perfect for this).
4 baby roma tomatoes
1 very large handful of organic fresh spinach leaves (another item we use almost daily that I typically purchase at Costco, I think it's an Earthbound Farm offering)
2 oz. per person of baby portobello (really, portobello mushrooms are crimini mushrooms) mushrooms, quartered
1 large zucchini, cut into half-moons (cut in half and sliced)
1 teaspoon jarred diced garlic per serving
balsamic vinegar (splurge on really good balsamic vinegar, as a little goes a long way. We use an aged balsamic vinegar from modena that we picked up from Whole Foods)
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
splash olive oil

Directions

Put a large pot of water on to boil. Spray a grill pan/skillet with non-stick cooking spray and turn the stovetop heat on medium/high. Grill the mushrooms, zucchini, and yellow bell pepper until tender and slightly charred. Add the ravioli to the boiling water with a splash of olive oil (the oil prevents the pasta from sticking together or overboiling). Add the fresh spinach and stir frequently until spinach is wilted. Drain ravioli using a colander.

Plate ravioli, and then split vegetables up evenly amongst servings. Top with 1 tsp. jarred chopped garlic per plate along with quartered baby roma tomatoes. Drizzle 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar over each entree.

3 comments:

MissDirected said...

You know, when I cook I tend to cook things that can all be thrown into one pot. As a result, my food normally hits the plate looking like... well... like it's already come back up. As I sit and look at your pictures, I'm forced to wonder...

Have you ever made anything that looked ugly? Is it just me? Am I the only ugly fooder? Fooder? Whatever.

April said...

Amy - a lot of my food does look like that, which is why only the occasional meal is posted here.

I love dressing up the presentation when it's for someone else, but for just me? Meh.

Jena said...

Thanks for posting this. I picked up some of that ravioli at Costco, too, and wanted to see if people had done other things with it besides dumping sauce over it.