Stat Counter

Monday, August 4, 2008

Cucumber water



We've all heard how important it is to have an adequate fluid intake, especially during the summer months. For me, since I'm nursing Julian, it's especially important that I drink a lot of fluids. However, I'm sick and tired of plain water, and if I drank juice constantly I'd be far over my calorie limit for the day.

The solution? A tip I picked up while traveling in Sweden - cucumber water. Simply take a scrubbed cucumber, and slice it and add to a pitcher of ice water. Let it sit for a few minutes and enjoy. The cucumber adds a subtly sweet flavor that's a refreshing change to plain water. And best of all, it's still virtually calorie free and allegedly works to detoxify your skin. I can't verify those claims, but can attest that it tastes wonderful.

1 comment:

Temeculamom said...

I love cucumber water! Then you can put the cold slices on your eyes when you're done. I am also a fan of any kind of citrus slices in my water pitcher. Even strawberries add a nice little twist.