Stat Counter

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Product Plug


This blog was intended to be a "recipe" book for some of my favorite meals and a log of my favorite wines and drinks. Nonetheless, I would be utterly remiss if I didn't direct you to the freezer section of your local Whole Foods (the only national chain that I know who carries this delight) to find the Talenti Roasted Almond Gelato. It's pricey, about $6 for a pint but worth every penny. The undertones of honey and the crisp roasted almonds make this incredibly rich gelato a heavenly treat. Go find it, you won't be sorry. We've had it plain and topped with a homemade Michigan blueberry sauce (so easy - just take a cup of blueberries and heat them until the fruit starts to break apart. Add a few spoons of cane sugar or stevia syrup and continue cooking until thickened. You can even throw everything together in a pyrex dish and use the microwave for about two minutes on full power if you're REALLY in a hurry).

No comments: