Stat Counter

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tip of the Day - Avoiding having to clean the oven

I absolutely loved the dual-fuel double oven that I bought for our old house. It was gorgeous, but a complete pain to clean. Not the oven's fault - but my own. Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to clean an exploded and carmelized sweet potato off the bottom of the oven? (Hint: the answer is "very.")

One of the easiest tricks I've learned (the hard way, mind you) is that if I'm cooking something that has a propensity to bubble over, or something cheezy that will ooze right over the edge of the plan - I put a large baking sheet on the rack immediately below whatever is cooking. You can line the baking sheet with parchment paper or foil to make clean-up even easier.

It makes one of the most boring kitchen chores (cleaning the oven) much easier to handle.

No comments: